How To Use Chrome Powder
Want to create manicures that stand-out - without hours spent on creating nail art? Chrome Powder will be your new best friend! Easy to apply and perfect for simple nail creations, our Chrome Powder pigments pack a punch for every gel manicures!
How do you use Chrome Powder?
Chrome Powder is one of the easiest nail art products to use! It can turn an ordinary gel manicure into a show-stopping one - and all you need is a No Wipe Top Coat, your chosen Chrome Powder and your applicator (and this comes with your pot of Chrome Powder!)
You can use Chrome Powder as full coverage on your nails for a BIG wow factor! Or, you can use it to create different patterns on your nail, combine two different colours of Chrome Powder into one design, draw lines and shapes... the choices are endless!
How do you apply Chrome Powder?
This super easy nail art product only needs one product to work its magic: a No Wipe Top Coat! The pigments will adhere to the cured Top Coat to create your chosen design. You'll need to follow these steps to make your Chrome Powder stick to your nails:
- Prep nails and apply Base & Gel Colour coats as normal
- Apply a No Wipe Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds in your Bluesky Lamp
- As soon as your nails are out the lamp, take a small amount of your favourite Chrome Powder onto your applicator brush
- Rub the powder onto the nail until full coverage is achieved
- Take a Nail Buffer and very gently run this over the free egde of your nail - this removes any loose powder that will otherwise prevent your Top Cost from sticking
- You can use a Dust Brush to remove any other loose powder too, before applying a final layer of No Wipe Top Coat and curing for 60 seconds
What designs can you create using Chrome Powder?
The beauty of Chrome Powder is that it isn't just for a full coverage look on your nail. You can get creative with nail art designs - from the simple to something a little more detailed for those of you wanting a challenge.
We have a full tutorial video that takes you through different design ideas, including how to create 3D Chrome Powder designs!
One of our favourite ways to use Chrome pigments is to create this stunning blocking design - and here's how you can create this too:
- Apply your Base Coat and cure for 60 seconds in your Bluesky Lamp.
- Apply 1-2 coats of a your chosen gel polish - we love Taste Of The Tropics and Sun Kissed from June's Nail Mail - curing for 60 seconds between each new coat.
- Apply a thin coat of No Wipe Top Coat - this is how you get your Chrome Powder to stick to the nail! You'll only want to apply it where you're putting the Chrome Powder, so you can use a nail art brush to help apply if needed.
- Cure for 30 seconds in your Bluesky Lamp.
- Using your applicator, take a small amount of Chrome Powder and rub it onto your nail to create your design. You can dust off any excess powder using a Dust Brush and use the Buffer technique above to gently remove any loose powder from the free edge of your nail.
- Once happy with your design, apply a No Wipe Top Coat and cure for a final 60 seconds.