Get The London Fashion Week Look With Bluesky Gel Polish: Part 1
At this year’s London Fashion Week, we partnered with designer Paula Knorr to create stunning nail art designs for her models. Using Bluesky gel polish, we crafted delicate nail designs to pair with her collection, which embraced femininity and freedom.
To celebrate the fantastic occasion, we’re giving you the low-down on all the colours used in the show as well step-by-step guides so you can create the London Fashion Week look from home. You can get the look by shopping the Bluesky LFW Collection, including all the top trends used in the show.
We’re starting with two stunning floral designs for you to create. And, when you've finished, you can take a look at part two which includes two more nail art designs!
This gorgeously delicate floral pattern was created using some of our staple Bluesky products when it comes to nail art.
Follow these steps to get the look:
- First, you’ll need to create your transparent base. Apply a thin coat of Bluesky Ridge Filler Base Coat and cure for 60 seconds UV/2 minutes LED. Tip: Ridge Filler is a great product to use if you have uneven nail beds, as it’s a self-levelling base coat.
- Using a thin Bluesky Nail Art Brush and Gold Gel Paint, carefully draw your desired pattern. We’ve gone for a slightly different floral pattern on each nail tip, drawing leaves, stems and flowers.
- Fill in any petals for your flowers by using a thin nail art brush and gel polish Pink Gold.
- Once happy with your design, cure for 60 seconds UV/2 minutes LED.
- Finish with our Bluesky No Wipe Top Coat and cure for a final 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
A simple and sophisticated look, this set of nails was created using a base of Bluesky products and topped with Swarovski crystals – matching the crystals used in Paula’s own designs.
Tip: Before you begin, watch our how to video below and also make sure you’ve got your cleanser in a small dish that you can dip your brush into.
- Begin with a Bluesky Base Coat, using a thin coat and making sure you cap the free edge. Cure in your nail lamp for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- Using an extension tip that fits your nail, apply a small amount of Bluesky Gum Gel into the tip using an orangewood stick.
- Using a small amount of cleanser on your orangewood stick, spread the Gum Gel into the tip to the length required.
- Use a small brush and a small amount of cleanser to spread the Gum Gel into the nail tip.
- Cover the nail with the gel side of the tip. Using your small brush and a small amount of cleanser, wipe around the nail edge (where the extension rests near to the edge of your nail). Cure for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- Using your Bluesky Nail File, file into your desired shape. Then, use your Bluesky Buffer to buff over the gel to smooth and wipe nails with a cleanser wipe.
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat and cure for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- To create our design for the show, we placed small Swarovski crystals in the shape of flowers. You can create a similar floral design using Bluesky 4D Gel or Bluesky Gel Paint – we’d go for silver or gold glitter.
- Once your design is finished, apply Bluesky No Wipe Top Coat and get ready to show off your new nails!
Stayed tuned for part two where we’ll be showing you how to create two more of our nail art designs created for the show! Don't forget to follow us on Instagram to see more images of the nail designs and shots from behind the scenes!