Skip to content
Ridge Filler Base Coat Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
- Choose from four different Ridge Filler colours or go for our classic clear Ridge Filler Base Coat.
The smoothest gel manicure around...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Ridge Filler Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- If using Ridge Filler on its own for a natural finish, apply a further 1-2 coats to build up the depth of colour.
- Cure for 60 seconds after each application and finish by applying a Bluesky Top Coat, curing for a further 60 seconds.
- If continuing with your gel manicure as normal, apply your favourite Bluesky gel polish. Remember to apply a thin coat, cap the end and avoid the skin around your nails.
- Cure for 60 seconds.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 building up the colour each time. 1 coat will give a sheer finish, 2 is normal, 3 will be a solid colour. Cure for 60 seconds after each new coat.
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Top Coat just like all the others and cure for 60 seconds.
- Use a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe to remove the sticky residue leaving super shiny nails.