Lexan Gel Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
Start with a base coat...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- Fix a Bluesky Nail Form to your nail. Take a small amount of Lexan Gel onto your extension brush and apply to your nail, extending to your desired length.
- Turn the nail upside down for a few seconds to let the product self-level.
- Once happy, cure for 5 seconds in your Bluesky Nail Lamp.
- Apply more product to build a strong apex and repeat steps 4 and 5, remembering to only cure for 5 seconds.
- Pinch the sides of the form to remove from your nail. File your nail into shape and use a buffer to remove the shine.
- Wipe away debris with a Cleanser Wipe and you can now apply your Base, Gel Colour and Top Coat following our guide for gel polish application.
Top tips for Lexan Gel
- Make sure you only cure the product for 5 seconds - any longer, and your nails may begin to feel hot under the lamp.
- To clean your Nail Extension Brush, simply use our Smart Cleanser to remove all product from your brush. Apply a small amount to a palette or flat surface and soak the brush in the solution.
- To remove Lexan Gel, you can simply soak this off using Bluesky Remover following our removal process for gel products.