Skip to content
Emboss Gel Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
Slow and steady wins the race...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- Apply a colour gel polish of your choice in the same way as the base coat; a thin coat, cap the end, avoid your skin.
- Cure for 60 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 building up the colour each time. 1 coat will give a sheer finish, 2 is normal, 3 will be a solid colour.
- Take your Bluesky Emboss Gel and, with a fine brush, put some gel on a palette.
- Take some gel and slowly start creating your pattern. Don't rush this step: make sure you control the thickness with every stroke.
- Once you've finished your design, cure for 60 seconds.
- Take some more emboss gel and modify the edges to make your pattern more vivid if required. Again, do this slowly. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Add any finishing touches to your design. Above, we've added small dots in the gaps of the pattern. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Apply a Bluesky Top Coat ensuring you cover your entire pattern. Cure for 60 seconds.