Skip to content
Cat Eye Coat Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
- You'll need a Bluesky Magnet Pen and a dark gel polish as your base for this look.
Create your Cat Eye...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky nail lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- Apply 1 coat of Black Bluesky Gel Polish (we've used Blackpool). Remember to apply a thin coat, cap the end and avoid the skin around your nails and cure for 60 seconds.
- Apply 1 more coat of a black gel polish, curing for 60 seconds
- Apply your chosen Cat Eye Coat to your nails.
- Using your Bluesky Magnet Pen, hover over your cat eye coat to create your magnetised effect. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Apply your Bluesky Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds.
- Finish by wiping all nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe for a high-shine finish.