Discovery Edition: Metallic Sparkle Gel Paint Tutorial
Skill up this summer and add a little nail art to your manicure! May's Discovery Edition includes a first look at our new Metallic Sparkle Gel Paint. Your new nail art product can be used to add designs on top of gel polish, or painted straight onto your nail for some full-coverage sparkle. The choice is yours!
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
Create your design...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky nail lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- Apply 2 coats of a nude gel polish - here, we've chosen Feelin' Good from January's Nail Mail. Cure for 60 seconds after applying each new coat.
- Apply a small amount of Riviera and Wildflower as shown in the image above, and use an Ombre Brush to blend the two colours tgoether. Cure for 60 seconds.
- Repeat this process until you're happy with the effect and the two colours have blended nicely together.
- Apply your Bluesky Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds, wiping away the tacky layer with a Cleanser Wipe.
Take a Liner Brush and dip into your Gel Paint. Create an outline for your design as shown. Cure for 60 secs and you're done!