Skip to content
Striping Tape Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file your nails to the desired shape.
- Push back and trim your cuticles.
- Gently buff your nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean your nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
Get creative with some easy nail art...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 60 seconds under the Bluesky nail lamp, it will still be tacky but this is normal.
- Apply your chosen colour coat in the same way as the base coat; a thin coat, cap the end, avoid your skin. Cure the gel polish for 60 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 building up the colour each time. 1 coat will give a sheer finish, 2 is normal, 3 will be a solid colour.
- Use a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe to wipe the tacky layer off the nail – this is so the Bluesky Striping Tape can be removed easily without damaging the gel manicure.
- Apply Bluesky Striping Tape in your desired pattern before applying a second gel polish colour, ensuring you don’t go over the lines. Once happy, cure for 60 seconds.
- Carefully peel off the tape before applying your Bluesky Top Coat and curing for 60 seconds.
- Use a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe to remove the sticky residue leaving super shiny nails.